Mastering Work Roll Degradation for the Hot Strip Mill
The trends towards higher productivity of the hot rolling, thinner products, and more demanding quality request harsher control of the work roll surface state.
With a better understanding of the degradation condition and intelligent use of the information at the roll shop, processing and product scheduling, an increase of the work roll performances can be achieved which will have a direct effect on the production costs and the mill downtime.
The MasteringRolls II Project
The MasteringRolls II project objective is to integrate an enhanced mastering of work roll degradation in hot rolling by applying new measurement technologies and innovative actuators developed in previous RFCS and internal research projects. The project was started the 1st of July 2018 and ends in 2021. By this seminar, the European steel industry will be informed about the activities and selected practical results in the MasteringRolls II project.
Who should participate?
People from the European steel industry such as:
- Operating staff / engineers from hot rolling mills
- Staff from innovation departments or production optimization
- Technical purchasing agents in the steel and related industry
- Plant manufacturers for the steel and related industry
Price and registration
The webinar is free of charge. To register, please click here or follow the link, https://app.bwz.se/swerim/b/v?event=118&ucrc=E460FADB7A . A teams live invitation to join the webinar will be sent out prior to the event to all registered. Last date to register is Sunday 14 November. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The seminar is organised as an activity within the project “MasteringRolls II”. The project is sponsored by the Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS Project No. 800748). The project group consists of:
- Centre de Recherches Métallurgiques asbl, Belgium
- Swerim AB, Sweden
- Lismar Engineering BV, The Netherlands
- Tata Steel IJmuiden BV, The Netherlands
- ArcelorMittal Maizieres Research SA, France
- Union Electric Åkers, Sweden