Sustainable energy is a form of energy that meet our today’s demand of energy without putting them in danger of getting expired or depleted and can be used over and over again. All renewable energy sources like solar, wind, geothermal, hydropower and ocean energy are sustainable as they are stable and available in plenty. CRM group is active in this sector and many reserach programs are dedictaed to the optimisation and the promotion of the renewable soutions. Due to the intermitence of the investigated renweables, CRM is also developping storage solutions, like batteries.
Photovoltaic solar solutions on steel material
- Development of innovation PV solutions such as steel roof for BIPV applications, from the cell to the module:
- We have first developped a flexible advanced steel substrate compatible with PV thin film technologies (CIGS) and realized PV cells and mini-modules on this innovative product.
- PV mini-modules are then integrated in a specifically designed steel roof panel
- Field tests including the innovative PV solution realized and monitored
- Transfert from lab to pilote scale (roll to roll process) thanks to PhoSteR European project
- Other european initiatives to go beyond state-of-the art
The CRM group focus on the development of innovative metal based bipolar plates for PEM fuel cells and develops innovative coatings for metal bipolar plates (low Interfacial Contact Resistance , corrosion resistance, adherence (formability)).
Development of sustainable and technological steel wind tower solutions.
Experienced Design team, extensive Numerical Modelling, deep understanding of Certification processes and multiple Mechanical Testing capabilities: all together to match highly technical requirements and turn innovative ideas into reality.
Development of Innovative tower solutions that are profitable alternatives to conventional wind towers:
- Improved total cost of ownership ;
- No transportation limitations (conventional trucks) even to reach the most difficult sites ;
- Very adaptable design that fit with any specific top or bottom diameter ;
- Adapted to local production capabilities and available resources ;
- Improved fatigue endurance ;
- Competitive design for very high hub heights ;
- Fully recyclable tower – very easily dismantled at end of life ;
- Use of maintenance-free bolting system minimizes maintenance operations
Energy recovery from waste materials
Based on a long experience in primary and secondary RM processing (in particular in the metallurgical industry, at all TRLs), CRM Group may offer expertise and access to lab and pilot scale facilities in order to recover energy from solid waste, covering many aspects like :
- Pre-conditioning (de-agglomeration, mixing, compaction…) of C-bearing sludges and dusts from the process industry or other C/H-bearing materials like organic shredder residues, MSW, sewage sludge, …
- Thermal conversion of coal, biomass, waste (plastics…) torrefaction, pyrolysis, gasification (under low or high pressure, under air or oxygen/steam…), combustion
- Use of produced (solid and/or gaseous) secondary fuels or reducing agents in several pyro-metallurgical processes (steel and non-ferrous industry)