Research Engineer (H/F/X) for Civil Engineering Research projects
CRM Group is recruiting a a Research Engineer for Civil Engineering Research projects on his Sart-Tilman site (Liège – Belgium).
CRM Group offers R&D and technology solutions to its industrial customers and partners, focusing on process & product developments and their applications from an innovation and value creation perspective. The CRM Group activities and expertise deal with the whole value chain of metals and associated materials, including the development of advanced steel solutions for Construction and Civil Engineering.
You will work on international projects focused on the development of innovative solutions (challenging designs, innovative assembly solutions, use of High added value steels) in a variety of fields (wind energy, solar energy, transport solutions, racking systems, steel products…).
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- To develop analytical and numerical models of steel construction solutions using state of the art design and numerical software;
- To manage testing campaigns using steel specimens representative of the analyzed structure, in collaboration with technical teams, in order to calibrate the parameters of the numerical models and therefore increase the quality of the results. To develop new testing methodologies, if required;
- To interact with other members of the R&D team and project leaders as well as external collaborators in order to enrich the model, when necessary depending on the complexity of the analysis;
- To provide support to the project leader by preparing synthetic presentations and reports highlighting the key results;
- To be a self-starter and to be able to take ownership of project tasks using technical knowledge and creativity;
- To contribute to technical solutions spanning multiple engineering disciplines.
- Autonomy, flexibility as well as results-oriented are part of your major assets.
- Availability to travel in Europe or abroad
The ideal person will be able to demonstrate advanced skills in steel products analysis and in numerical modeling. A minimum of 2 years experience in a private company or an academic experience (master thesis, PhD, etc…) that required deep knowledge of steel structures design and of finite element analysis is an advantage.
Experience in mechanical testing is a plus.
Your Profile :
- University Degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Fluent English
- Good knowledge of other European languages; in particular French is an advantage.
- Office Suite
- SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD Software
- Abaqus, Ansys or similar FE software
- Required experience
- Attractive salary offer with competitive extra-legal advantages
- A pleasant working environment within a team of multicultural engineers working on innovative materials research topics
- Opportunities to enlarge your personal network within the Materials Science community including industrial customers
- Varying job content thanks to continuously changing research scope combined with options to perform handson state-of-the-art analysis and production techniques
Apply online on the website