Research Engineer (H/F) Recycling of metals
CRM Group is recruiting a Research Engineer for its Sart-Tilman site (Liège – Belgium).
CRM Group offers R&D and technology solutions to its numerous industrial members, focusing on process & product developments and their applications from an innovation and value creation perspective. The CRM Group activities and expertise deal with the whole value chain of metals and associated materials, including the recycling of byproducts and end-of-life products.
CRM Group is already involved in several Regional and European initiatives dealing with “Resource and Energy Efficiency” (Reverse Metallurgy, SPIRE, EIT Raw Materials…) and on-going industrial projects with global metal producers (ArcelorMittal, Tata Steel…)
CRM Group aims to further increase its contribution to the industrial and societal challenges of recycling and urban mining by developing technologies and new products favouring the recycling of metals in the process and manufacturing industry.
Within the Unit “Metal Production, Recycling and Energy”, you will be in charge of studies and projects dealing with the recycling of metal bearing by-products and end-of-life products through pyrometallurgical techniques; among other tasks, you will conduct trials (at lab, pilot or industrial scale) and/or modelling work (mainly electric arc furnace process), supervise technicians work and report results. You will also contribute to the activity development and diversification at regional and European levels by generating new ideas, by the elaboration of new projects (H2020, EIT Raw materials…) and through the further development and consolidation of a global R&D&I network with academic and industrial partners.
- Master degree in Engineering (Metallurgy, Chemistry, Mining, Materials, ElectroMechanics);
- Creativity and proactivity, which makes you a real problem solver;
- Team player, who possesses the necessary listening and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of English and French;
- Are considered a plus : experience or PhD in the recycling of metals, high temperature processes (EAF, plasma…), waste legislation, experience in thermochemical modelling (FactSage, HSC…)
- Attractive salary offer with competitive nonlegal advantages
- A pleasant working environment within a team of multicultural engineers working on innovative materials research topics
- Opportunities to enlarge your personal network within the Materials Science community including industrial customers
- Varying job content thanks to continuously changing research scope combined with options to perform handson state-of-the-art analysis and production techniques
Application letter & cv (both in English) must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org