Research Engineer (H/F) Iron & Steelmaking
CRM Group offers R&D and technology solutions to its numerous industrial members, focusing on process & product developments and their applications from an innovation and value creation perspective. The CRM Group activities and expertise deal with the whole value chain of metals and associated materials, including the recycling of by-products and end-of-life products.
You will be in charge of studies and projects in the iron-&steelmaking fields, dealing with the optimisation and further cost effective development of industrial processes like blast furnace or electric arc furnace, with a focus on product quality, productivity and resource/energy efficiency.
You will also contribute to the extension of the current R&D portfolio towards a.o. stainless steel, ferro-alloys and non-ferrous metals.
Among other tasks, you will conduct or be involved in :
- Lab and pilot scale experiments simulating parts of the iron- and steelmaking processes;
- Improvement/further development of the CRM mathematical models of the processes already implemented in different iron- & steelmaking plants (Europe, Canada, …), including data treatment and exploitation, test and implementation of new model versions;
- Industrial campaigns for the testing and roll out of solutions developed by CRM Group.
- Master degree in Metallurgy or related Engineering discipline (Chemical Processing, Electromechanics, …);
- Creativity and pro-activity, which makes you a real problem solver;
- Team player, who possesses the necessary listening and communication skills;
- Good knowledge of English and French (or you commit yourself to learn it rapidly);
Are considered as a plus :
Modelling skills (fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, thermo-mechanics);
Experience in programming languages (Fortran and/or C++) and data acquisition and treatment systems (Matlab or other)
- Attractive salary offer with competitive nonlegal advantages
- A pleasant working environment within a team of multicultural engineers working on innovative materials research topics
- Opportunities to enlarge your personal network within the Materials Science community including industrial customers
- Varying job content thanks to continuously changing research scope combined with options to perform handson state-of-the-art analysis and production techniques
Application letter & cv must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org