Project Engineer Polyurethane foam formulation and chemical recycling (M/F/X)
At the CRM Group, a centre of excellence in research and development open to the world, we work on innovative projects in various sectors. We draw on our state-of-the-art equipment and pilot lines and on the diversity of our 270 talented people from more than 15 different nationalities to develop innovative products, processes and solutions based on metals and related materials.
The CRM Group offers its solutions to its many industrial members, for our international customers and partners, with a view to applied innovation and value creation, with a focus on the energy transition.
What are your responsibilities?
You will join the department in charge of development of PIR foam formulations used to manufacture sandwich panels with steel facings. Your main responsibilities include:
- Development of new chemical recycling technologies to recover raw materials which may be re-used in foam formulation or in other products
- R&D developments to improve foam performances (cost, sustainability, mechanics, insulation…)
- Projects management including business plan, life cycle analysis,…
- Upscale developments from lab to pilot and even industrial scales
- Occasional trials follow-up on the production lines of our international customers.
- You will be in charge of R&D activities meaning: carry out studies from the definition of objectives, risk analysis, selection of operating conditions and tests, interpretation of results, drafting of reports and communication with internal or external customers.
- You will be required to carry out laboratory experiments and will work and progress in compliance with the Quality and Safety standards in place at CRM Group.
Who are you ?
What we offer
An exciting role in a fast-growing high-tech company with several sites in Belgium.
In addition to flexible working conditions, we offer a competitive salary plus a range of fringe benefits.