Machine Learning-AI Engineer R&D (H/F/X)
The CRM Group offers innovative solutions in technology and Research & Development to its many industrial members, focusing on process and product developments and their applications with a view to innovation and value creation.
The CRM Group brings together qualified and experienced research teams with unique test facilities covering the entire manufacturing chain, from raw metal production to advanced steel applications, from laboratory scale to industrial demonstration.
Today, the Industrial Process Control & Measurements team is responsible for the development of "Industry 4.0" technologies for immediate use by our customers. This rapidly growing field is one of our preferred development areas which we are increasingly integrating into our measurement system developments.
As an R&D engineer in our team, your responsibility will be to ensure optimal support in measurement techniques, programming, IoT and machine/deep learning/artificial intelligence (AI) for the wide variety of projects for which the team is responsible.
- You will work closely with our team in the improvement of product quality through the development of real-time measurement systems on moving products.
- You will actively work in innovation in artificial intelligence and machine learning domains for the analysis, classification and use of data (from various sources like cameras, IoT, on-line measurement systems, processing parameters) to finally control continuously the process.
- You will combine different techniques such as: cameras and image processing, lasers, LIBS, ultrasound, electromagnetism, optics (interferometry, optical fibres, etc.) in combination with wireless communication techniques, microelectronics for IoT, machine learning, microprocessor programming, etc.
- You will coordinate the management of projects and directly interact with industrial partners
- You will communicate effectively with teams across the organization to identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Electronic engineer, electro-mechanical engineer or related fields
- Experience in measurement techniques and/or optics and lasers is a plus
- Experience in microelectronics: implementation of microcircuits/controllers is interesting
- Good training in C++ and/or Python is a plus.
- Passionate about machine learning, artificial intelligence, ...
- Passionate about finding new solutions to the most difficult problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English.
- Willing to travel abroad for short stays.
- Attractive salary package with competitive fringe benefits
- A pleasant working environment within a multicultural team of engineers working on innovative and state-of-the-art products.